At Wild Tipi we are committed to our customers, and your privacy is a priority to us. To comply to the new GDPR legislation, we want to ensure you have as much information as possible.
- What information do we collect about you?
- How we use the information about you?
- Sharing data with third parties
- Access to your information, correction, and how we ensure it is maintained
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you make a booking with us for our services. We also collect information when you voluntarily opt in for marketing preferences, complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Finally, we collect information when you voluntarily enquire with us on our website, social media platforms or at events (e.g. Wedding Fairs). Website usage information is collected using cookies; please see below for more information.
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, register on the site, place an enquiry, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site.
In order to fulfil a booking we will ask for, and collect, information relating to your name, email address, postal address, phone number and payment information where appropriate (although any payment information the user provides will not be stored). Users may, however, visit our site anonymously and we will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your booking, and if you agree, to send you email about other events and services we think may be of interest to you. In processing your booking, we may send your details to, and also use information, from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
Data retention period
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years. Under legitimate interests, we have the right to keep your details on record for our service and guarantee policies. Your personal information we use for marketing purposes will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information (This must be done in writing).
Wild Tipi may collect and use user’s personal information for the following purposes;
- to improve customer service (information you provide will help us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently);
- to personalise user experiences (we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site);
- to process payments (we may use the information users provide about themselves when placing a booking only to provide service to that booking. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service);
- to run a promotion, contest, survey or other site feature (to send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them);
- to send periodic emails (we may use the email address to send user information and updates pertaining to their booking. It may also be used to respond to enquiries, questions and/or other requests. If a user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive e-mails from us including company news, updates, products and/or service information. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail. Users may also contact the site to be removed from our mailing list.
- We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the site and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Our legitimate interest policy
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Wild Tipi, including:-
- supplying services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting Wild Tipi, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Wild Tipi;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Wild Tipi.
More information can be found on the ICO website
We would like to send you information about products and services of Wild Tipi which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you are always able to opt out at a later date. Wild Tipi will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside Wild Tipi.
When someone visits www.wildtipi.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at the address below, stating which marketing preference you no longer wish to receive. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
If you would like a copy of some, or all of your personal information we hold about you please contact us at the following address.
*Please note: we are unable to accept requests over the telephone.